THE START OF REAL DEMOCRACY FOR THE FIRST TIME
REPRESENTATIVE GOVERNMENT IS NOT DEMOCRACY
DEMOCRACY = GOVERNMENT
- OF THE PEOPLE,
- BY THE PEOPLE (not by representatives of the people)
- FOR THE PEOPLE (not for the interests of the political leader, his family and friends)
SOUTH AFRICAN CONSTITUTION
Besides all things mentioned above, we start off with the existing constitution with the racial aspects eliminated. The population will debate adjustments to it as they see fit.
The civil servants will carry out the will of us all.
EXERCISING POWER OF CHOICE
HOW WOULD POLICIES BE DEBATED?
- Any group of people with an idea can phone or email in and either introduce it at local level or national level on the media.
- Mobile film/sound crews will facilitate this.
- Facilitators with integrity will be chosen to guide the thought process.
- From for example, 7-9 am and pm will be for introducing new ideas on TV and radio. The viewers will then be able to present on days after that objections or suggestions to improve the concept.
- In addition a new debate page will be opened on the internet.
- People can send written or video input into the debate
- All the points of view on an issue will be summarised once a week.
- After new input from the public seems to have drawn to a halt. The issue will be voted on. By the internet using ID of registered voters attached to their cell numbers for verification where possible.
- The facilitators will choose how to word the vote question and add 4 – 10 questions that they think would establish that the voter understood the options on offer. These would always appear in different order. Your vote would count to the percentage value of how much.
HOW WOULD YOU VOTE ON MATTERS THAT INTERESTED YOU?
Those people who do not have a computer will go to their local, police station, hospital, town hall. Etc. to vote on voting days.
Simply go onto the website, read what the options are between which you are choosing, register, answer the questions, vote.
Anyone even from another country visiting.
Even a child if they can understand the questions will vote.
You get presented on a computer multiple choice questions in your own language either written or (if you can’t read) spoken. These questions are to establish how much you understand your options. Then you vote and your vote will count to the percent that you have understood the question and the options.
WHO CARRIES OUT THE VOTE OF THE PEOPLE
The civil servants and the People.
If there are any branches of the civil service that someone feels could be eliminated, just like any other issue it can be brought up on radio and TV for everyone to vote on.
WHY NOT REPRESENTATIVE GOVERNMENT AS WE HAVE ALWAYS HAD
- Because it has more often than not been abused . People have fought, murdered, threatened, bribed and bought for political power. A person who is so keen to get power often makes decisions that are against the interests of everyone.
- Because people and harmful industries with money frequently buy loyalty from governments so as to prevent legislation happening that will negatively affect their business.
- Because many important issues (e.g. population control, decisions that affect the wealthy businesses that have paid for election campaigns)can never be brought up because these are considered unpopular issues which will not get a party into power again.
- Because the really wise people of the country or the very busy people in the country or the mothers of children don’t stand for parliament. so we lose all their wisdom.
- Because the very act of handing your power of choice over to a body like a government disables people. They no longer think for themselves over some things that radically affect their lives. They don’t take responsibility for their support systems and surroundings because” the government” “they” will do it.
THE GREEN PARTY CALLS ON YOU TO USE YOUR BRAIN AND ACTIONS TO HELP BUILD A FUTURE FOR US ALL IN HARMONY WITH THE LAWS OF NATURE
The planet is in severe danger. We need the combined ideas and responsibility of everyone. People must understand their power of thinking and doing and their uniqueness and use it on behalf of us all.
- There are two powers – people and money and when money does not own the right to use the media and people are not denied access to media, people can overcome the destructive power of money.
Many things in this new way of debating issues are to be worked out as we go along. The advantage that we have is
- we want to at least try and make a better life for all and without at least the intention the actualisation is impossible
- we have the best of everyone’s ideas, caring and skills available
- we can be flexible (not having to wait 5 years while we watch another government muddle through making terrible mistakes so-called “representing” us all)
This is going to be particularly important as the effects on the environment are happening very fast now. Waiting two or three years to change the constitution, like governments do now, would be very dangerous to our survival.