GREEN PARTY PLAN FOR AGRICULTURE
REMOVE DANGEROUS FOODSTUFFS:
- Ban battery or factory farming of animals for meat. The meat People eat is totally toxic and dangerous to our health.
- Banning foods with dangerous ingredients from circulation to our public.
SYSTEM OF HEALTHY FOOD PRODUCTION:
- Setting up a system to grow food that is healthy and contains all the essential vitamins, minerals and trace elements necessary for health and a local distribution plan.
- Provision of free healthy basic food for all ie; vegetables, fruit, whole grain products and the correct amount of protein paid for by the government.
- Bring urban gardens into natural food production.
- Reforesting our pavements and open spaces with nuts, berries and fruit and appointing trees into the care of local residents.
- Re-plumbing grey water from areas which do not use damaging chemicals in their toiletries and household cleaners to watering of trees and urban food gardens.
- Stop battery farming, that way you can feed everyone healthy food with 10% of current production because at present 5 – 30 kg food makes 1 kg battery farmed meat.
- Insisting on only free-range production, which will give less meat (which in turn will improve the health of the population) but not full of high concentrations of pesticides (which will halt the increasing number of cancers in primarily battery meat eating people).
- Stop the use of pesticides and chemical fertilisers.
- Regain seeds and pips not used in food and plant them eg, avocado pear pips and rotten tomato, cucumber seeds. These are attempts by a species to procreate. Assist it to happen for abundant food.
- Restore the soils, fertilise using animals in conjunction with nature and worm farms for, and do natural pest control using compost tea, companion planting.
- Utilise new systems of sewerage which use seared faeces to build the carbon content of the soil and lets urine stand and cure until it harbours no disease and then successfully use it in drip irrigation systems.
- Ban genetically modified foods. Contain the areas damaged by genetically modified plants and research how to eliminate the effects.
- Develop seed banks of fertile non-GM seeds.
ETHICAL PRODUCTION OF MEAT FOR THOSE WHO SAY THEY CANNOT DO WITHOUT MEAT:
- Ban cruel ways of transporting animals to city abattoirs, which leads to contamination of municipal aquifers with urea and blood waste.
- Slaughter the free-range animals humanely at their home farm using mobile abattoirs and refrigerated trucks, and where the offal can be a resource for rural people and wild animals instead of a waste problem in city abattoirs.